Internal Control Policies and Procedures
If you or your organisation needs–a high level of consistency in dealing with key financial processes, as well as a certain level of planning in how accounting processes should work? This crash course is all you need.
It teaches you about the importance of well-written accounting internal control procedures that document well-defined accounting processes, the “internal control system required by Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Section 404” and lastly strategies on improving accounting process and its associated procedure.
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Any professional involved in the preparation of financial statements, including financial controllers, finance managers, senior accountants, management accountants, general ledger accountants and assistant accountants, and accounts receivable and accounts payable accountants and assistant accountants.
- Professionals acting upon the financial decisions of others, who will gain an appreciation for the fast close process, Professionals who are held accountable for financial performance and the integrity of financial and information systems.
- Completing your month-end reporting requirements inside a reduced time frame.
- Identifying the best practice features to speed up month end routines.
- Focusing on the essential reporting requirements in the month and determining fleet of foot solutions.
- Determining how some reporting tools may be of help to revolutionise board reporting.
Day One: Introduction to Quick Close Concepts
- Different types and benefits
- Steps needed to achieve a fast close
- Analyzing and reviewing the current closing process
- Redesigning the closing cycle
- Finance function stakeholders, redesign and solutions
Day Two: Developing a Quick Close Strategy
- Examining closing activities and requirements
- Best practices in attaining fast close, soft close and virtual close
- Optimizing charts of accounts and journal entry requirements
- Organizing corporate resources to achieve fast close
- Identifying potential roadblocks
Day Three: Operational Implementation of a Quick Close
- Adopting benchmark and other measurement standards
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Analytical Case Study
- Identifying management reporting criteria
- Summary of the Course
Course Title: Internal Control Policies and Procedures
Type of Course: Crash Course
Number of Sessions: 3 sessions (5 hours each)
Course Materials: ICC Course Reader
Certificate: Professional Development Certificate
Fees – Distance Learning: EUR 1,175.- per participant
Fees – Classroom Study: EUR 1,575.- per participant