CPA – American Institute of Certified Public Accountant
With the widespread adoption of U.S. Accounting Principles (U.S. GAAP) & International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), many multinational companies and accounting firms are asking specifically for U.S. CPAs to handle their U.S. accounting, audit, and regulatory requirements.
The demand for U.S. CPAs is on the rise and we want you to be part of this niche group. CPA is considered gold standard in the fields of accounting and finance. The CPA designation is earned through education and relevant experience and license. CPAs are globally recognized as premier accountants and are hired across industries throughout the world.
ICC & BECKER™ – ‘a global leader and a continental expert’
BECKER is a strategic partner of American Institute of Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and a global leader in US professional (applied) education; driving student success for over sixty years with 1 million+ candidates, all top 100 accounting firms rely on BECKER to help their staff prepare for the CPA examinations.
ICC has introduced UK professional accounting & finance education (incl. ACCA and CIMA) to the Benelux, and for over twenty years the institute is recognized by accounting firms and HRM & finance departments as a reliable training partner.
Today we are pleased to introduce the CPA & BECKER partnership to the Benelux market, providing students and companies with the unique CPA product and BECKER’s outstanding quality content and personalised learning experience. All our learning solutions are tailored to the needs of the European students.
What is a CPA in Accounting? Why & How to Get a CPA
Benefits: Learning with ICC & BECKER™
- Personalized learning experiences
- Experienced tutors
- Flexible delivery
- Quality content
- Small groups
Syllabus & Exam: 4 Parts covering 18 Competencies
Auditing & Attestation (AUD)
- Ethics, Professional Responsibilities and General Principles
- Assessing Risk and Developing a Planned Response
- Performing Further Procedures and Obtaining Evidence
- Forming Conclusions and Reporting
Business Environment & Concepts (BEC)
- Corporate Governance
- Economic Concepts and Analysis
- Financial Management
- Information Systems and Communications
- Operations Management Ethics
Financial Accounting & Reporting (FAR)
- Conceptual Framework and Financial Reporting
- Select Financial Statements Accounts
- Select Transactions
- State and Local Governments
- Ethics, Professional Responsibilities, and Federal Tax Procedures
- Business Law
- Federal Taxation of Individuals
- Federal Taxation of Entities
To sit examinations, you must be a member of the AICPA. You can register online via the AICPA website.
CPA Exam Patterns
Each of the exam sections (FAR, AUD, REG and BEC) comprises five smaller sections which are called testlets. Each of the ‘letstests’ has different items types in order to test the knowledge and skills of the candidates. There are three different types of exam items that will appear within the specific testlets in each section:
- Multiple choice questions (MCQs): these will be presented in the first two testlets of each exam section.
- Task Based Simulations (TBS): these are in the form of case studies. There would be 3 TBS-testlets in AUD, FAR and REG exam sections and 2 TBS-testlets in the BEC section.
- Written Communications Tasks: these appear only in the BEC section and would be in the form of a memo/ letter.
To Schedule Your Exam
A candidate must register with the ICMA for an exam component at the Prometric test center.
Fees: EUR 2,990 (Premium)
BECKER™ Personalized Learning Experience
BECKER™ Course Resources
|Unlimited Access Period (Full Parts)||✓|
|24-Month Access Period (Single Parts)||✓|
|Basic Accounting Refresher Course: Accounting Cycle||✓||✓|
|2 Part Review Course||✓||✓|
|3,000+ Multiple Choice Questions||✓||✓|
|70 Essay Questions||✓||✓|
|Personalized Review Sessions||✓||✓|
|Unlimited Practice Tests||✓||✓|
|2 Continuing Professional Education Courses||✓|